When I asked the audience their primary complaints against the old and new government (Arroyo and Aquino), nothing really differentiated the two except that Arroyo-affiliated personalities are being closely-monitored and made to answer for their irregular transactions.
Some of their complaints are:
1. Neglecting or delaying the necessary benefits as required by law – Even though it is possible to fast track procedures, the delays are caused by either employees doing nothing but play games and watch videos, or executives whose signatures are very elusive since they rarely report to the office and only appear at their convenience
2. Lack of sufficient information dissemination to properly inform the public of their rights to government services – most of the services are mostly claimed only by those who are closely tied with the officials and employees of the government. Many government agencies would not reveal all and how to claim your rightful benefits not unless you ask them
3. Setting up employment contracts that does not guarantee security of tenure – Many have contractual or MOA status of employment that does not have employee-employer relationship thus they could easily be sacked or removed from office even with no justifiable reason
4. Secrecy and code of silence in operational methods, budget allocation and expenditures and management practices – We definitely need the Freedom of Information bill to correct this obvious source of rampant malpractice. Funding is mostly spent on trivial things.
5. Whitewashing internal conflicts and malpractices – The public is mostly unaware of what really goes on inside a government agency or corporation. Some rumors are heard but are easily silenced because of fear of retaliation from the erring parties who are obviously influential internally
6. Inability of the common people to personally approach the high-level officials to air their grievances – Not everyone could easily come in and submit complaints. Usually the ordinary people are just entertained by the low-ranking staff and their grievances less prioritized or not acted upon.
7. Overspending and redundancy in operational procedures and requirements – Many executives and management staff enjoy generous and redundant perks and privileges disguised as automation and communication tools not really necessary in the performance of their duties and obligations. Buying high-end Laptops, mobile phones and even iOS or Android tablets, when they only require less to operate efficiently. They would try to spend all the allocated funding regardless of necessity. Transportation, representation, meal and other types of allowances are truly excessive.
8. Giving special favors and biased opportunities to “kapamilya, kamag-anak,kaibigan, etc.” rather than those that are really deserving – I think this cultural flaw will never die or even diminish because majority of them have personal and ulterior motives that are intentionally beneficial mostly to them and their chosen parties.
and a lot more…
It is a pity that they are mostly immune to scrutiny, and they can get away with it because they can easily bend the laws.
Nagbago ang Presidente, ang kabinete at ilang opisyal…pero mayroon pa rin bang mga naiwang bulok at kurakot? O sadyang maginoo pero medyo “kurakot” din ang mga pumalit?
Ang problema kasi ay napakabait natin. Dapat handa nating ipagsigawan ang karapatan natin at hindi nagmumukmok sa isang tabi at naaawa sa ating mga sarili.
Kung minsan ay buti pa ang mga aktibista…hindi sila takot na mag-rally sa kalsada. Samantalang ang iba ay komportableng pinapanood lang sila sa TV, pag nadaanan naman ay kunsumido pa tayo dahil sa inis na naabala tayo.
Akusahan pa natin na sila ay bayaran at mga walang pinag-aralan.Di kaya sila ay biktima lamang ng isang gobyernong hirap layuan ang makamundong kasalanan kaya imbis na sila ay makapag-aral, makakuha ng magandang trabaho para may maipakain sa sarili at pamilya, ay lalo lamang nalulong sa tukso ng kasalanan dahil sa kahirapan. Aanhin mo nga naman ang katinuan at magandang asal kung nakikita mong nagugutom at ang papayat ng iyong mga anak.
May lugar pa ba sa makataong pag-uugali, kung di mo na nga mawari kung ikaw ay may kinabukasan pa. Pag lumapit sa gobyerno ay pannadaliang tulong lamang naman ang aasahan.
Gusto na nating ipagsigawan kung asan na nga ba ang daang matuwid na ipinangako sa atin. O nais lamang ba ng ating gobyerno na habulin ang mga nagkasala sa bayan, pero kinalimutan naman ang mga umaasa sa kasaganahan.
Asan na ang pagbabago? Aanhin namin na makulong si Gloria, kung naghihingalo naman ang aming pamilya?