- Is Lucy Liu Being Racist?
- Anakbayan Versus Akbayan
- Recto’s Watered-Down Sin Tax Bill Version
- Cybercriminal @ Work : All About that Ridiculous Philippine Cybercrime Law
- Stephen Michael Gamboa Bacosa : Sotto’s Nephew Is A Bully In Real Life
- No Cybercrime Law is Going To Stop Us
- The Political Party Development Bill, Senate Bill 2610
- Political Parties Only Promote Political Whores and Entertainers
- Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012: Also Created To Fight Bloggers?
- Anti-Epal Movements and COMELEC Join Forces to Fight Epals!
- Can’t Plagiarize Anymore? Tagalize Instead!
- Tabi-Tabi Po Sa Senador Na Nakaupo
- Tito Sotto: Victim of Cyber-Bullying?
- What’s Up With Those Tweets?
- I Shout To The Government: “It’s Unfair!”
- anti-epal anti-rh bill anti RH Barney Blog campaign CBCP congress cyber bullying cybercrime law cybercrime prevention act cybercrime prevention act of 2012 dalubhasang pinoy Definitely Filipino DOTC Eat Bulaga epal Epal bill epaliticians epalpakan Filipino FOI FOI Bill Freedom of Information Freedom Of Information Bill gloria macapagal arroyo government habagat hazing juana change List of Philippine laws LTO mae paner Manila Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio Tagle manila bay mark andrei marcos MMDA noynoy aquino PAGASA Philip Morris Philippine philippine government philippine news Philippine news online philippines Pilipinas Pilipino pinoy plagiarism plagiarist pnoy politicians Politics quezon city rally Reproductive Health reproductive health bill RH Bill road rage Robert Blair Carabuena roxas boulevard Sarah Pope Saturnino Fabros senate senator sotto Senator Vicente Sotto III SONA sotto Sotto plagiarized his speech tado jimenez The Healthy Home Economist tito sen tito sotto Vicente Sotto III
- Global Eco-Link Development Corporation: Now Open for Business Partnerships fb.me/1KFSy5cw7 3 hours ago
- UP Cinema Presents Kontra: The Alternative Film Project fb.me/3Bl8QzUlM 3 hours ago
- San Andreas Hollywood Movie: First Impressions fb.me/7rNdb1jz0 3 hours ago
- Mga Pusang Gogora: TOMCAT Seniors' Tribute fb.me/7ELS4l0UI 21 hours ago
- Talent Knows No Adversity – Reverb: Echoing Awareness through the Arts fb.me/4lBUqSF33 3 days ago
It is just sad when one in this age will still be uncomfortable with the color of their skin and ethnicity.“If I get really dark, I’ll start to look like a little Filipino. It wouldn’t match.” ~ Lucy Liu on a David Letterman Show
Naging viral yung video na nangugulo sa Akbayan! Vencer Crisostomo, kumalat na din ang post mo sa FB mo! Sabi mo magpakabusog muna kayo bago kayo mang gulo! Mga gago kayo! May pinag aralan ka nga siguro pero kayo yung nang e eskandalo!!!! Nakakahiya kayo!
Magalang ka naman pala paps, sana pinakita rin ng mga kasama mo yan doon sa presscon. Ooopps spoke to soon, bastos ka talaga paps. Markadong anarkista!
Alam mo respeto lang naman yan eh… Kung gusto mo respetuhin ka… Nawalan lang ako ng respeto sa Anakbayan dahil sa araw na yon, bakit ayaw mag-dialog, atake agad?
THERE’S THE RUB: Completely different angle
The people who toiled through the night to get the sin taxes passed have every reason to be pissed off at Ralph Recto. They can only feel stabbed in the back. The difference between P60 billion and P15 billion is vast, the first being the revenue that would have been gotten from the original sin tax bill and the second from Recto’s watered-down version of it. The charge that he’s more concerned with protecting the health of the tobacco industry than that of his countrymen is believable.
Bakit itong si Recto wala ng naisip na batas kundi TAX TAX TAX TAX! Saan ba napupunta ang tax na yan? Hindi bale sana kung nagagastos ng maayos at transparent ang buwis ng mamamayan! Eh hanggang ngayon ang daming sirang daan… ang dudumi ng kalye… ang polusyon grabe… traffic palagi… Ang daming nagugutom na batang lansangan…. pati airport ampanget!!!
“We add our voices to the many citizens and online users who were shocked and outraged to find in the new Cybercrime Law excessive penalties for online libel and enormous powers given to authorities to monitor online activity and block access to web sites.” -GMA News Online
On the other hand:
“I do not agree that the provision on online libel should be removed. Whatever the format is, if it is libelous, then there should be some form of redress available to the victims,” President Noynoy Aquino
WTF, does he know that:
“The United Nations Human Rights Committee has called for the repeal of the libel law, saying it violates article 19 on the right to freedom of expression and opinion of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, to which the Philippines is a signatory.”
The Cybercrime law, or Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012, becomes effective starting today, October 3, 2012 because the Supreme Court has not issued a temporary restraining order (TRO) sought by various individuals and groups opposed to the new law.
Again, the law is effective as of today, Wednesday October 3, 2012. A very sad and black – or more appropriately “blocked” day.
The Political Party Development Bill, Senate Bill No. 2610, sponsored by Senator Edgardo Angara, seeks to establish a Party Development Fund to support accredited political parties for their party development and campaign expenditures.
It also aims to penalize political turncoats—elected officials who switch party affiliations after being elected on a certain ticket.